Build environment· Windows 7 SP1 32-bit virtual machine
- Install Spoon Studio
- Take the Before Capture
- Install the latest Java JRE (standard install, do not include the Ask Toolbar)
- Install Apache Tomcat. Change install directory > C:\Apache Software\Foundation\Tomcat 7.0
- Stop all Apache processes and services
- Turn off Java update check
- Take Capture and Diff snapshot
Edit the configurationClick on the “Multiple” button next to the Startup Files field.
Set Tomcat7w3 to auto start.
Add a new startup file: @PROGRAMFILESX86@\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe.
Command line: http://127.0.0.1:8080/
Set the Output file to Tomcat.exe.
Set the Virtual Service, Tomcat7, to Auto Start.
Export the following registry key from the host system.
Import the exported registry key into the application configuration.
Search for “catalina” in the Registry pane of Spoon Studio.
Replace the @SYSDRIVE@ variable with C: for everything under the Classpath (there are 2) and Options (only 1) registry values.
Continue searching for “catalina” and edit the “WorkingPath” variables in the same way. There two (2) are instances of this in the configuration.
Under the Setup section:
- Remove the Java folder under Shortcuts > Programs Menu
- Remove all ProgIds
- Remove all Extensions
Add a new shortcut to launch the Tomcat Administrator site.
Save the configuration and close Spoon Studio.
Enable trimUACManifest – so non-admin users can run Tomcat.
- Open the XAPPL configuration file in a text editor.
- Search for trimUACManifest and change the value from “False” to “True”
- Save the file.